Sunday

The Sonnets of Faith


These Sonnets have an (ABCDEF-FEDCBA-GG)
rhyme scheme. And were written in 2002 in USA.


#1
How then shall I increase my doubtless faith,
Since without faith,I can not please the Lord?
Then let my faith increase without measure,
So that the Lord may also then be pleased,
Save where does this faith in the Lord come from,
If not from the same Lord whom it does please?
Then for His own pleasure let Him increase,
My faith according to His wanting some,
And let His holy pleasure be increased,
By His faith in me,to give Him pleasure,
Which He as God could easily afford,
Without a payment to death's doubtful wreath,

Strengthen my faith Lord,that we both may be,
More pleased by what my eyes,still can not see.

#2
If faith is belief without evidence,
Then is it without merit to see God,
While being alive on this earthen plane?
Or if I hear His voice,what use have I,
Of faith,which He requires now of me?
And yet I see Him working in my life,
In times of hardship and in times of strife,
An answer to my prayer then makes me see,
The form of Him moving,which I can spy,
The silhouette of Him,my faith to gain,
While on this earth my spirit has to trod,
After His holy shadow,for guidance,

He shows Himself to me just long enough,
To spark my belief,not to call His bluff.

#3
The mustard seed,without a doubt is small,
Yet big enough to move a large mountain,
Even casting the mountain in the sea,
By faith,compared to such a tiny seed,
Then what about faith,bigger than a man,
Or bigger than the mountain it can move?
Or what about a faith so big,would prove,
That men are gods,and all they try,they can?
And they have everything,they have no need,
They live with God for all eternity,
And brilliantly shine brighter than the sun,
Together praising their God,one in all,

A faith so great as this,we all should have,
To move large mountains,and our souls to save.

#4
Through faith,I wear a grin upon my face,
Knowing that the Lord will never leave me,
He gives me strength,in times that I am weak,
I shall not fear,for He is at my side,
He fights for me,so I don't have to fight,
He hides me in His love,from all my foes,
And safely keeps me from life's bitter woes,
He shines through darkness,as my guiding light,
In Him,my soul shall evermore abide,
His countenance my eyes shall ever seek,
To look upon Him for eternity,
Forever are His mercies and His grace,

He makes my heart,through faith,in Him rejoice,
Although He's silent,still I hear His voice.

#5
If all I have to do is to believe,
And all things that I ask for,will come true,
Then I ask for more faith in Christ the Lord,
Believing I will get what I ask for,And that,
through more faith,the Lord will bless me,
And bless my home,and bless my lovely wife,
And bless my death,for what I've done in life,
And bless me throughout all eternity,
He'll bless me coming in and out the door,
He'll bless my every step,my every word,
He'll bless me from the start,and when I'm through,
He'll bless me in the morn,and in the eve,

Through faith,the Lord will bless me,day by day,
A gift,for which I'll never have to pay.

#6
The rich have faith in silver and in gold,
The poor have hope that they will become rich,
The wise have faith in their foolish wisdom,
The foolish hope that they will become wise,
The strong in body have faith in their strength,
The weak have hope that they will become strong,
The good have faith that they will do no wrong,
The bad hope they can cheat an extra length,
The living have faith that the dead will rise,
The dead hope to rise to heaven's Kingdom,
The old have faith in youth,their age to switch,
The youth have hope they never will grow old,

The more the faith,the more also the hope,
The less hoped for,the less the faith in scope.

#7
ILL doubt,why do you knock on my front door,
Knowing that the Lord is ever with me?
Did you forget,or maybe you are blind,
To see Him standing right here at my side?
You are crazy,or lost your mind I know,
To think that I will let you in somehow,
Dear faith has locked you out before,and now,
He left you standing right there in your woe,
Along with your dead friend,pale suicide,
Maybe together,both of you can find,
The devil hiding behind some small tree,
Convincing him,he'll die in his own war,

A war he started,from such prideful greed,
Makes for a stronger faith,a greater need.

#8
If I pray for faith,will I be tested,
Will trials and tribulations come my way?
The thought of praying for calamity,
Makes my soul tremble,and my mind a wreck,
Sometimes faith comes by praying for good things,
And when these prayers are answered,my faith's good,
Faith comes by hearing,by the word of God,
Through miracles,and all else the Lord brings,
Through hope and faith,my spirit has to trek,
To God,from birth,throughout eternity,
Counting on Him to love me every day,
Even though hard times,I have requested,

He promised not to treat me so unfair,
As to test me,more than my soul could bare.

#9
To practice faith,as though it were an art,
Will make the faithful master of his craft,
Never in doubt of his ability,
For creating the perfect masterpiece,
A painter on his canvas paints a scene,
Stroking with his brush,until made perfect,
Likewise the musician,his notes select,
Until he hears the piece he has foreseen,
And so the faithful,their faith must increase,
By practicing their doubtless artistry,
From just a line,the sketch turns final draft,
Just as a perfect faith,starts from the heart,

Turning doubtfulness into believing,
A masterpiece of faith,through practicing.

#10
To raise the dead,how much faith is needed,
Yet Peter did it,so then why not me?
Save that I have not seen the face of Christ,
Nor walked with Him,as Peter also did,
Then would it not be still a greater thing,
If I could restore life,to those are dead?
Not by my power,but the Lord's instead,
Lest I should be guilty then of boasting,
Or say,it's by my power,God forbid,
No man has such a power,nor a priest,
Save those with such a faith so great can see,
Beyond their death,being unconceited,

The answer then,is enough faith in I,
Believing that the dead,shall never die.

#11
Faith is just as simple as believing,
That you doubt the sun won't shine tomorrow,
For we all know,without a doubt it will,
No matter how hard we might think it won't,
To change a law of nature,we must have,
A higher law,in our faith to change it,
Coming from our heart,and from our spirit,
Just as our faith in Christ,our souls to save,
From hell,that we believe in or we don't,
Then there are laws that we believe in still,
That can be changed,if we believe somehow,
Changing the dead back into the living,

A harder thing than making the sun black,
Restoring life to those,whom life does lack.

#12
The hardest thing is to believe that God,
Could forgive me,for all the sins I've done,
Such evil things,I can not write them here,
Save that to say,of black magic and spells,
Sins that go beyond the ordinary,
That go into the dark Satanic realm,
With Lucifer himself,right at the helm,
Was driving me towards ill sorcery,
Into the center of death's prison cells,
A chamber full of hatred without fear,
A darkness without moon,and without sun,
In blackness I was made,each step to trod,

Until dear faith,there took me by my hand,
And led me back to God,His promised land.

#13
Without faith,how can there be any hope,
If faith is things hoped for,that are unseen?
Then should I hope for faith,to then believe,
That there's more in faith,than just to hope for?
Faith takes its stand upon a sturdy ground,
Believing that such ground shall never quake,
Hope standing the same ground,a chance does take,
Unsure that where it stands is truly sound,
Forgetting faith stood there moments before,
Faith knows for sure,what hope can not conceive,
But follows after faith,where faith has been,
Even through darkness,though it has to grope,

Hope is a shadow of a faith made pure,
Faith knows without a doubt,hope is unsure.

#14
I run to the Lord as fast as I can,
When being chased by the bully devil,
The Lord is my friend,like a big brother,
Who comes to my rescue,in times of need,
And when I'm in a hole,the Lord is there,
To toss the rope of faith,to hoist me up,
Or if I thirst,He gives me a full cup,
To drink His living water,without care,
Sometimes when I am hurt,or when I bleed,
He heals my wounds,like a loving Father,
I pray the Lord will keep me from evil,
And bless me as a god,though I'm a man,

Of faith and love,love is still the greater,
But without faith,love would never matter.

#15
To believe in believing's not enough,
Nor to have faith in faith,as one might say,
For the Lord has His own divine purpose,
No matter what we do or don't believe,
Or can one just through faith,become a god,
If so,then why the need for salvation?
That special walk with Him,that relation,
Which sets us apart,on this earth we trod,
From morning,until late into the eve,
His will for our lives,all day does surface,
So we can see Him working everyday,
Depending on Him,when the day is rough,

Faith in one's self,falls short to qualify,
For faith in Him,for whom we too must die.

#16
Often I've thought of you,sometimes in doubt,
But mostly with a view,understood not,
I always wanted more than just your love,
A miracle or a sign from heaven,
But now I know,without a doubt it's good,
That it's better not to see or hear you,
For only then can faith be tested true,
Of men believing in their unseen God,
Even though some proof before was given,
Though not enough,without a doubt to prove,
That you are there,when by these you are sought,
Making true faith,a sin to live without,

Then hide from me Lord,that my faith be strong,
Yet guide me by your love,to do no wrong.

#17
I miss you when you hide from me,
O Lord,Even though it strengthens me to seek you,
Maybe we could come to some agreement,
To hear your voice,but not to see your face?
Or then,if not a voice that I can hear,
Then just the smallest ray of guiding light,
That leads me when you're absent from my sight,
Or just a whisper of you when you're near,
Reminding me of your sweet love and grace,
Or what about a tangent testament,
Then,of one of your angels I can view,
That speaks to me with an audible word?

Or do I ask too much from faith alone,
o see or hear,what makes my faith be gone?

#18
The prophets of old heard your sov'reign voice,
And even saw your shape,yet did not die,
Shining through golden flames,your emerald form,
But all I have are pictures of years past,
Antique paintings of some pious master,
Of you hanging upon a wooden cross,
Saving mankind from his eternal loss,
The scene less holy,more a disaster,
The artist did a masterpiece at last,
Painting you bloody,center of the storm,
And those around you,frowning as they cry,
And no one there is painted,to rejoice,

How then shall I remember you,O Lord,
Through antique paintings,or your living word?

#19
I need you more than ever,O my Lord,
For all my enemies surround me now,
I am in prison by their unjust hands,
False accusations rise up against me,
They want to keep me in prison for years,
For something you would not accuse me of,
They're full of hate,in them there is no love,
I anguish in my pain,drown in my tears,
I long for you and your eternity,
Away from their hot desert and dry sands,
I beg you to be free from them somehow,
That you will come and save me with your sword,

My cell is dark,I see no sun nor moon,
My faith is that you'll come,to save me soon.

#20
Lo,save me,O Lord,from my prison cell,
Release me from those who now besiege me,
Let me to roam fresh pastures and green fields,
Let me to walk the crests of the tall hills,
And lay me down upon the ocean shores,
Beside the roaring sea,which you have made,
Let me neath the hot sun,bask in your shade,
And feast me at the table of your stores,
Until asleep,because my belly fills,
Show me the tree,which fruit it ever yields,
That I may eat it for eternity,
Planted by you,to keep my spirit well,

Honor my faith,and free me from my foes,
Before my heart fails,cause my spirit woes.

The End

Angel De Fuego
copyright 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment